Team Leader Production
Position is located in Bristol, CT.
The Team Leader is responsible for managing production to targets, technical support of the line, supporting improvement activity, and building team.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Exemplary work ethic
- Strong mechanical capability, must be able to troubleshoot production line equipment
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Intense collaboration
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
Daily Activities of Team Leader:
- Prepares facility for production
- Responsible for daily operational performance:
- Tracking of production analysis – Plan versus Actual
- Report out to Leadership Team Daily on Performance
- Clear identification of problems in the area from Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Employee Morale
- Support of prioritization and driving of resolution Top 3 problems
- Ability to perform & train all Jobs in Production Assembly Areas:
- Can cover for absenteeism and work on the line to insure output is achieved
- Ability to train all Team Members on Standardized Work
- Insure that Team Members are adhering to Standardized Work
- Insure Team Member’s are effectively Trained and with a system of validation:
- Training following described process using:
- Standardized Work
- Work Instructions
- Quality Control Plan
- Process in place to validate Team Member training
- Create environment where Team Members are encouraged to contribute suggestions:
- Shift startup meeting with communication
- Involvement of Team Members in Improvement Activities
- Interface with Value Stream Manager
- Assist with any other projects and/or tasks on an as needed basis as directed by management.
- Minimum of 5 years of technical / maintenance experience
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Strong mechanical skills a must
- Must be flexible on shift hours and work schedule on a daily basis
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general technical procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- $15 to $25 / hour depending on experience
- Full Benefits after 90 days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.