Responsible for developing and implementing company quality strategy. Will work directly with Company Leadership to create quality strategy based on data analysis and risk assessment for each value stream and work on execution.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
· Responsible for development of company quality strategy
· Strong understanding of Quality Dimensioning:
o Statistical Process Control
· Strong understanding of Quality Equipment:
o Vision Systems (Keyence)
o Aberlink CMM
o SPC Software Packages
o General use QC Equipment
· Support of VP of Operations for each Value Stream in creating & updating of:
o Work Instructions
o Failure Modes and Effects Analysis and
o Control Plans
· Responsible in leading ISO9001 Documentation & Management
· Involvement in daily Gemba Walks
· Responsible for working Directly with VP of Operations in Quality Problem Solving Activity
· Responsible for external communication with customer on Quality Problem Solving Activity
· Responsible for Monthly or Quarterly Quality Updates by Value Stream
· Will be asked to lead & report out on various improvement activities
· Create environment where Team Members are willing to provide feedback & work directly with you
· Interface with functional organizations such as Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing and Engineering.
· Always work safely – this position will be very hands on using different tools – always understand and be cautious in using these tools
· Assist with any other projects and/or tasks on an as needed basis as directed by management:
o When required – will need to fill gaps in production to insure hitting of production requirements.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required
Qualifications, Educational Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Possess good communication skills and have the ability to work closely with all business functional areas.
· Advance experience in Microsoft Office software-especially Excel.
· Ability to program GUI based metrology software: Keyence and Aberlink.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to interpret industry standards and ISO requirements.
· Ability to interpret GD&T.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and may be required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee may occasionally be required to climb or balance. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals, depending upon the assignment. The employee could infrequently be exposed to high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment may be loud.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.