General Summary for Entry Level Position
Entry Level – base salary $30K/yr (high potential for rapid advancement)
Travel: up to ~50% of the Time after training
Ideal candidate will have a learner’s attitude, growth mindset and unbreakable spirit.
If you have the above characteristics we guarantee that you will have a unique, exciting and challenging career here at NOVO.
The Operations Consulting Division (OCD) is a new NOVO division whose mission is to continuously improve manufacturing capabilities on local and global level. You will be working alongside Toyota Production System (Lean) specialists, becoming an expert in designing and implementing world class manufacturing systems and improving operations practices. It will be a continuous process, with no end in sight; however, extremely rewarding and meaningful.
You will be developing expertise the following areas:
- Learning through trial and error
- Thinking (deep, logical, out-of-the-box)
- Deep functional technical knowledge (TPS/Lean)
- Execution capability (getting things done right and on time)
- Project Management
If you are intrigued by this unique opportunity and would like to demonstrate your determination through action, please forward a resume and cover letter explaining why you feel you are a fit for this position.
- Hands-on experience managing small to mid-size projects, helping management achieve business objectives and improve day to day operations
- Turning around struggling business units/divisions in a competitive landscape of various production environments (from high mix/low volume to high mix/high volume, etc.)
- Diagnosing facts
- Analyzing data
- Detailed problem solving
- High energy, results driven, gets along well with all levels of the company from shop floor operator to the President, treats everyone with respect
- Comfortable in a fast-paced growing manufacturing environment, handling stress well, dealing with multiple projects with tight deadlines
Ideal candidate will have strong background in either some or all of the following categories:
- Strong functional expertise (preferably in Engineering, Science, Tool making, Machine building, Planning/Supply Chain/Procurement)
- Working knowledge of advanced Microsoft Applications and MRP Systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing, Engineering (or similar)
- “OWNPACE” TRAINING PROGRAM (6 months)
First, you will be assigned small projects based on (1) NOVO business needs, (2) functional skill development needs, and (3) your personal learning needs. You will work alongside an experienced coach (a senior OCD specialist), as an apprentice. During this time, you will be gradually acquiring functional know-how (tacit and explicit). Throughout this activity, your coach will be conducting a series of tests (technical and behavioral), sometimes unbeknownst to you. Your coach will help you choose the right development track, matching your natural abilities with business objectives and your career aspirations. Duration of the training program will vary based on the trainee’s unique needs and learning pace.
- PROFESSIONAL TRACK
Upon graduation, you will receive an OCD certificate of completion which will outline your subject matter expertise as well as your carrier path aspirations. Here, at NOVO, you will have a unique opportunity to enjoy gradual (as well as rapid) growth and a steady career path development.
- Medical Device
- Management Consulting
- Information Technology
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.